Mummy's Garden

As i scrolled through the pictures dad sent in a web album faithfully titled "Mummy's Garden" , my eyes glistened up. Each picture meant more than what it intended to. It unearthed emotions which were buried about 8 months ago and made unreachable, to avoid those very tears.

Moms. Why are they naturally inclined to taking care of something, all the time? Weird they are. Not that earlier the garden at home wasn't taken care of. But I could see a refreshed interest being taken by mom in these green beings now.

I am sure the flowers never looked so good earlier, I know there weren't even so many plants earlier either. I know dad never took photos of these and sent it to anyone earlier. He was never so proud of "mummy's garden" earlier. It seemed like their own little world had taken shape anew.

I'm sure mom spends a good amount of time watering the plants, tending to them, adding new ones, weeding out the old ones, re potting, cleaning etc. Just like a very long time ago, she gave all her time to us, her daughters. So that one day, we sprung out as colorful individuals. Just like, how these flowers today have bloomed to fruition.

Though i am happy about her new found interests, I am jealous of those petalled beings.For being happily placed in a pot in my garden, in my home. For getting watered by my mom. For getting to listen to the bhajans she sings to the tulsi. For getting to brush against her as and when she bustles around busily in the portico. For wanting to close their ears when she shouts out to the vegetable vendor on the road.For simply getting to be a part of her everyday life.

Yes, earlier on, I was referring to these emotions which I didn't want to face for a while now. Of missing mom, and dad. And most importantly, Of knowing they miss me too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 months ago, I came really far away from them, to America. Picture Courtesy-Dad.

Comments

Cheeku said…
I was "Youtubing" for "Bangalore" just 20 minutes ago. I know what it is!!! Fish.. no place like namma bengalooru :) I am so so dying to go back home!
I am unconditionally apologetic for not reading your blogs for such a long time appy.. i must say each blog after blog i am seeing u outgrowing your own bars...you are a vineyard dudette... each rain, each season only makes you grow!
aastha-inks said…
@cheeku.. :)
@surya.. i am so happy to see u you here, n hopefully u r here to stay. i want to see you get back to writing too.. it's been a really long time!!
Rag said…
ahhh!! that was lovely post gal!!
I know exactly how it feels to be out there with out your family!!!
Seriously speaking...!! all you guys staying away from home need a special mention!!
Remember my post "About Leaving My Job in Mysore"??????
I quit majorily because i was home sick!!! home sick!! I know i shud've stayed.. i made a hasty decision and all that.. but the feeling when you're away from home is something that cannot be described.. it sucks!!!!!!

"Home Sweet Home" is all i can sayy!!
btw,The plants in your garden are really attractive!
aastha-inks said…
@rags: hehe, ya but staying away you learn a hell lot.. and u value things more than ever!hmm..ya mayb u should 've stayed at mysore a bit more .. :) n thanks for writing in!
Arnab Majumdar said…
Reminded me of a story I'd written on my blog, The Sacrifice. A mother's care is really a wonderful thing, and it's a great thing that you cherish it so. Not many people know how to do that.

Cheers, take care...
aastha-inks said…
@arnab: I have read that post. needless to say, it was gud!This is actually the first time i have written about family..sometimes its a good thing i guess to show what we feel about them. In the daily course of life, we take them for granted.
Anyway, thanks for chippin in:)
niki said…
@yaparna- learn from mummy its not always studies..che che
ashu@cooking said…
Hey appu.. it was simply touching.. ure words filled in every emotion u needed to say. Love u... ashu
sikta said…
I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hear from you.

sikta@siliconindia.com
Benny Thomas said…
I chanced upon your blog and found it very interesting. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hear from you.
Unknown said…
Hey Aparna i never knew there this hidden talent in you. I read your blog on mummy's garden. Its very nice the way you have described those emotions. By the way five years from now you will get to know why moms are naturally inclined to taking care of something, all the time. :)
aastha-inks said…
thanks gomzi :) nice to see ya here!
Unknown said…
nice posts about the mummy's garden..
hadoop training in hyderbad

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin