The end of bas yun hi.

I had been looking for another name for my blog for quite some time. I wasn't entirely happy with its old name 'bas yun hi' (just like that). But 2.5 years earlier when I started this blog, it suited perfectly because the blog was started 'just like that' indeed. For that I should thank my friend Surya (who off late has stopped writing). He inspired me into starting a blog.I too wanted to better utilize my free time at work. So there it was, just meant to be a scribble pad for some nurtured thoughts!

Through the years though, I think I have gotten serious about writing. Its rather enjoyable and a wonderful medium to communicate, connect and share. And so as more and more of my posts kept coming and I developed a modest blogging community out here, I felt like this page needs an uplift. A name which offers more meaning as indeed my posts have begun to have more meaning in them.

Recently, I came across this Bengali movie called Anuranan. In Bengali it is pronounced as 'Aunuranan' and means Resonance. It was so much of a 'my type' of movie. It has a talented cast - Rahul Bose, Rituparna Sen Gupta, Rajat Kapoor and Raima Sen (wow! All the names start with an R). Written and directed by Aniruddha Roy Choudhary, this movie revolves around two couples, their inter relationships and intricacies. It showcases the beauty of why and how a relationship can take birth. And how one feels complete and found, when one's thoughts' resonates with another's. We all ultimately yearn for this in a relationship don't we? Whether it is love or friendship, this resonance is the essence of a long lasting relationship.

The flavor of this movie hung on to me for a while. And the name stuck in my mind. It was so perfect and beautiful. I kept repeating this word in my head ( it happens to me sometimes when I find a word that I really like).

Coming back to my blog now. It is indeed a place where the really high pitched thoughts running in my head find a place to reside. This blog definitely resonates my thoughts and if it does with yours.. Bingo! So moving on from the simplistic bas yun hi, I hereby re title my blog, 'Anuranan'.. Resonating thoughts. I finally found the word I was looking for!

For now, want to end this post with an unnecessary but grateful, Bas yun hi.

Comments

niki said…
@yap-arna- there is a flaw in this resonant theory...what happened to opposites attract??? long proven theory?? :)....but I like the new name!!
aastha-inks said…
good point and i did think about it. I was actually going to write in a line saying that resonant thoughts just does not mean.. similar, but in this context would mean to kind of have a reply.. a response which does not undermine/disrespect your viewpoint; to have a meaningful dialogue. thanks for bringing out that point!
kaizer1v said…
Ami Anuranan Bhalobashi
a part of me cries within! okay i wil let you know a secret... i was always jealous u had the name "bus yun hi"..its so much you!!! anuranan>?? duh! its not you.. or its the you on saturday evenings, sipping coffee , reading about tortured widows in 18th century Bengal and watching a heartbroken Tamil movie in your gopal vihar apartment!appy, i want "bus yun hi" back, anyway!
ashu@cooking said…
Hey Appu.. Liked the new name ..sounds a little complex just like you.. he!he! Was so used to Bas Yun Hi.. will miss that name thou.....
aastha-inks said…
@vivek.. thanks!
@surya.. hehee. ya ya i knew you were jealous :P ya anuranan is that other side of me, which you very nicely picturised :) like a true gemini i have two sides u see..:P thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, i thot u had forgotten the habit of doing so..
@surya, ash : yes i will too miss 'bas yun hi' a lot.. :( but change is the spice of life :)
Hi hey are ye doing? Long time eh? Well i have started writing again..PLease add my new blog http://teachforindia09.blogspot.com into your blogroll .. Its about youth, change, and that one sqaurefoot of idealism. My earlier blog was freshinkblots.blogspot.com
I always liked "Bus Yun Hi" as the blog's name. It was more refreshing, had high vernacularness and conveyed the sense of amateur writing much better than the recently adopted and somewhat esoteric Arunanan.

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden