Conversations

Conversations. We have them every day amongst family and friends and even acquaintances. I don't think a whole lot about most of them.
But there are some that leave me with a sense of satisfaction, joy, just a smile or just more questions. These are the ones I'd like to take note of. Think about why they were so. Why do we linger on to some conversations more than the others?
Let's see. My most enjoyable conversations are with my good friend, AB (let me name her that). We have uber long talks about each and every detail of our lives. With that details I mean those that are necessary for her to understand the situation or what we are currently going through. Each time we talk about the major life events between our 2 conversations we digress into discussing so much about the past. These conversations would have been hard to come by if she had not been a part of my life for the last 10 years. She is part of so much of my life that i cannot imagine having such a conversation with any other person in this whole wide world. I am glad to be able to have conversations that takes into consideration my whole personality, from almost the time i began having one! By relating to our past, we are able to make better decisions in our present. We are able to reflect and recollect things/moments and instances we might have forgotten. We are able to see how we've grown over the years, which is so so cool.

It is interesting that as life goes on and we meet new people, our conversations with these new people are more or less around the events that take place in the present. Although we do relate to our past to a certain extent, it is not a whole lot of what you talk about. I am not sure if we lose out on interest to tell them about our past or just think it is unimportant or it could be too much to talk about afterall. I wonder if that does effect the impression that the conversation leaves. I know for sure that these conversations are definitely not useless! I think that they relate more to our present and are not biased by our past behaviors. In many ways this is really important for you to be able to think with an open mind, un-trapped in the past.

And then there are conversations with perfect strangers. Like the ones i have while I am on the bus! They are the ones that leave me smiling and sometimes wondering. I think these are important too because they tell you who you are and how others perceive you. One day, i met a couple on the bus who after a small conversation with me, invited me to a party at their house that evening. And their invitation was pretty genuine i must say! And sometimes people share just their daily chores, their 'today's' trouble. Sometimes i share my day's story with them and i feel pretty good about it ! Even a 'how's it going' can be really helpful some days.

The impact of a simple conversation is pretty huge and vice-versa! But anyway, my closing point is that conversations play a huge role in our life. We subconsciously bear the impact of them in our decisions and actions. So talk on, reflect on them and enjoy their worth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden