You don't really know

We lived together
for many a year.
The growing up days
were not easy at all.
Hand in hand
we braced it all.

You watched on me
as I tried to steer
a paper boat on a stream that
sprung up from rain o dear!
You were the only one
to witness my dance
uninhibited.
You were the audience
before the show.
You have been my student
as I loved to teach.
Ah! the blackboard, me and you
together it taught me to learn.

You stood by me
and gave me rest.
As i faced test by test.
I have cried in your arms
and laughed in your chest.
My little corner, my own space
I came to you, when I lost pace.
I hugged you tight and let it pass
while you kissed me good night.

I have dreamed many a dream
and sung many a song
in your garden of grace.
You gave me friends,
you saw me win
you saw me lose
you saw me grow up within.

I owe to you
We owe to you, a better life.
but tell me, what can we do?
You let us go and I'll let you know
For the last time,
I'll sleep with you and let you know.
I have memories of you
that you don't even know.
Oh brick and mortar
you don't really know.

I wish you well, my dear home.

Kitne Kisse hain

Comments

ashu@cooking said…
I can relate to every word of this.... :(
Swati said…
This is a masterpiece

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden