The best way to end something.

Ending a relationship needs courage. Here I am, ending my 5.5 yr relationship with my workplace.The only way I know to do it best is by writing. Mechanically and systematically going over my memories, filtering out the best moments - the positive ones and forgetting the bad ones. Memories purposefully purging their way through my head, so it can filter, well. All is well that ends well, isn't it.

Why do we work? To feel happy, proud, satisfied. Of course  to earn money. But in the end, what remains are memories. Monies stay in the back account, in wardrobes, in shoe-racks, in phones, in I-pads. But memories stay in our heart and heads until we die. Feelings of happiness and satisfaction stay with us forever. Friends stay with us for forever. What we've learnt will stay with us forever.

GDS has given me a lot and I am grateful for that. I have learnt a lot here, pretty much everything I know about "Education", I learnt it here. The company has been immensely supportive during and post my maternity period, giving me umpteen opportunities to lead a working woman's life. Not many women are that lucky and so am ever grateful to GDS. During my teaching days, it gave me immense satisfaction when I saw faces of children enlightened, smiling, happy. Later on, it became very exciting working with various folks involved in creating products for children, to make Education better. What I have enjoyed most is the company of my team mates, my friends without whom this journey wouldn't have been half as wonderful.

And yet, it is time to move on.

Sharing some unforgettable 'aHa' moments/ milestones at GDS and thanking everyone from the bottom of my heart for being a part of this!


Hope| A new beginning, first day of school








Hard Work| First aHa Moment
Satisfaction| First Mega Event  Science Day









Elation| First Batch of Kids as Class Educator

Adulation| Felicitation for "Best Educator"

Bonding| With a growing team

Craziness| Motherhood and Work from Home!



      
      Learning| With a New Team and New Responsibilities


Learning| With a Growing Team!









Team Work| Always fun! 

Learning| More Responsibilities, Saree-d at that!













Unlearning| Daunting but worth it!


Till we meet again!


Comments

ashu@cooking said…
Well written Appu.. as always !

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Book Review & a bit of Me: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother