Women, getting truly everywhere.

It would be cliched to say that women have truly made their mark in every possible field and to hail this achievement, we need to recognize her by celebrating her day on a certain day of the year. Yes, definitely. That would mean women have broken into the so called man's world and have learnt those tricks of the trade which makes a man tick in his trade. This could mean a great deal of physical, mental changes for the woman, but now she is bold enough to approach it and bear it. Gone are the days when men were from Mars and women from Venus. Today both are earthly beings, they are plainly practical.They both are fighting this game for survival.

A certain incident opened my eyes towards this..This was just a fortnight before the International Women's Day (celebrated on March 8th). I was caught by the traffic policeman for venturing on a road meant for 4 wheelers (while i was on 2 wheels). I cursed my luck and pulled my gaadi towards the 'corner' the policeman showed me. It was late in the evening and got a little tensed about 'what next'. A police woman then came to me, asking me for my license, which I luckily had with me. She quickly took possession of it before I could realise what she was doing, she also took possession of my 2 wheeler keys. 7-8 policemen were scattered around the place and this policewoman began a conversation with me.
She asked me various questions.. starting with my name, residence, whether i was a college going girl or workin (she presumed i was a college student).. and amongst all this she suddenly popped up the question in a low voice.." do u want to give me 100 bucks and get back ur license or.. " . I was furious!!!! ridiculous i thought! When the woman had first approached me, I felt a little secure actually. But she was jus like the men. She was asking me for a bribe and she did it so well! She had mastered the art of it.. !
I asked what would happen otherwise. Now her voice was loud as she replied.. "nothin madam.. aapko pulice thane jaake fine bharke apka license vapis lena padega"
I was like .. shit man! i don want to venture into this now.. I have literally "earned" my license from the Bangalore R.T.O.. now i don wanna lose it in one of the police stations in Pune! No way.. I didn't want to part from it! So finally the lure of my license, made me give her the bribe. I did try to explain to her that I had lost my way as I was new to the city but in vain.. She didn't care.
Thats apart from the point. The point is that woman was really swift at her job.
She had mastered what i thought was a man's domain.. Corruption. But I guess women are beginning to make a mark everywhere.. n my policewoman has chosen her field!!!! & I was helping her pretty well..

Comments

Cheeku said…
no matter how much women try, they can never do something which men can..

6 women can never piss simultaneously into a bucket whereas 6 men can :)

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden