when i takes over you

At some point in life, 'i' takes over you.

Most of your life, you live carelessly. Thinking less, doing more. Doing more because you just got to do some things in life. You've got to eat, you've got to sleep, got to read, study, work and so on. Sometimes you do things to keep the 'i' in you happy and most of the times it is to follow the norm.The 'i' here is still nascent.

But there comes a point in life, when you begin to question everything. With a why- Why do 'i' have to do something? You begin to question your own existence, your beliefs, your likes, your dislikes. There comes a point where the 'i' can't stop asking questions and you can answer no more. A point of deep contemplation begins. The 'i' gets stronger day by day. It asks you to reason out your actions. Else it asks you to find reasons for your actions.

In the beginning you find it hard to follow 'i'. You want to follow the norm anyway. That's the easy way out. That's what you have been doing all along. You don't want to change.

But one can't ignore the power of 'i'. It takes over anyway. Tired of fighting 'i', you slowly begin to accept it in your life . You begin blending into 'i'. Everything begins to revolve around 'i' now. You have your own take at everything. You have your way of doing things.You have your set of reasons. No more do you follow the norms. You don't want the long ignored 'i' in you to suffer anymore.

It is a moment of great importance for you, because you have now evolved. Distinct and unique. Like no other. You can see yourself on one side and the universe on the other. You exist now, all because of 'i'.

Like i said, all of us will come to this point, at some point, when the you in you will blend into 'i'.

Weirdly hence, you no more exist, it's only i.

Comments

Anu said…
Nice post.... seems to aptly suit my life at this point of life.... b/w change the color of the font, its kinda hurting the eye kane
Cheeku said…
I and You blend together huh?? :)
Ok.. Ok again {:P}

Anyways, without delving further into what I was thinking, yeah, this is a weird post :) It got me "thinking" apart from what I was thinking! So, well.. I thought I and I couldnt place my thoughts. And though I tried to put my thoughts into words here, I wasnt able to do so... So, guess I ll put an end to all these thoughts and those thoughts and an effort to write about the thoughts.

On a serious note: I can relate very very closely to this particular post. I feel that my life has been till dates been ruled by others in the form of "You" do this, "You do that.. etc.
I think it ll take sometime before I can transition from that "You" state to "I" state because, the remnants of the "You" still affect me lot more than I could fathom.

Moral of everything that I have written above:
Yes, "I" dislike Technical Education.
Yes, "YOU" have to do MS, was what I was told at home.
Yes, "I" was weak enough to contest that.
Yes, "I" is suffering because of the weakness of "You" now.

Comprende?
Cheeku said…
ok.. i dunno what i was writing there.. yup.. my mind is off focus :(
uff..
aastha-inks said…
@cheeku n anu: am glad you guys could connect to this post and it's not too abstract.
@cheeku: i like the last four lines of your comment. we shld talk abt it someday! :)
thanks for writing in coz i was wondering if you guys wld get wat i wanted you to get.. !
Cheeku said…
Happy Bday to your dad!!! hehe.. I saw ur comment in raghavas blog!!
Rag said…
ayeee!!! i don't know how i missed.. reading this one..!!

This is an amazing bit of "i" factor that revolves around us with or without our knowledge!!!

btw.. Belated Bday wishes to yo dad :)!!
niki said…
@'yap'arna- the 'i' just wants to break free..
niki said…
also..my i in 'iQ' tends to zero..still tried my best to understand this really complicated/abstract blog
aastha-inks said…
hey niki nin chikk thale ge ashtondu kashta kod beda ;-)..
Unknown said…
really nice post .... like the way u write girl ... I read some of your other post too .. and am really impressed .. specially the one where you went to pune at the orphanage and about the girl with the key as a pendent ... best of luck in whtever u do !!!
aastha-inks said…
thanks parth, keep readin!
Arnav said…
Nice.. True at some point of time only "I" exists , but one needs to realize and move on, man can't be happy with "I" for long ..
aastha-inks said…
thanks arnav.. keep readin!
Arnab Majumdar said…
Haven't had this feeling yet, but now that I read it, makes sense. Nice fresh way to look at things... that's one thing which is becoming somewhat hard to come by these days. Good one there... cheers :)
aastha-inks said…
Arnab! glad to have u here.. n glad u liked this post.. i am very slowly uncovering the magic in ur posts..(i have limited time :(..). u'll def see me hanging in there often..till then, thanks & cya !

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden