cRackLInG cHeMisTRy

After a gap of two years, I am back in a classroom.


I have been a terrible student most of my life (while in India). A classroom for me has been a place where usually i don't really know what's happening. Due to unavoidable circumstances (including day dreaming, imaginative choreography, chit chatting, flirting etc) I usually lose touch of what is happening in the class and then cause i anyway don't know what is happening, I make use of the invaluable time by continuing my valuable activities. i always pitied the fate of my lecturer though and by the semester end, my own !!

But in the US (where i study now ) I cannot literally AFFORD to do any of the above. So, yeah i pay attention ! I realized it's not all that bad afterall. My paying attention phase had been going on well, until i faltered for just a few moments...

My prof was explaining some funda of H2- O2 explosion limits. Apparently, if a mixture of H2 and O2 were in a room at 1 atmospheric pressure and 70 deg F and the pressure was raised to 10 atm, the mixture explodes.. And what happens if the mixture pressure was brought down to a pressure of 0.1 atm?????? guess?

Well , it explodes again !!

this statement made my mind swing about.. I thought " Is this what u call chemistry between two people? Wow! Look at the chemistry between H2 and O2.. they explode under extreme conditions.. under any conditions.. that should be the case with two people in love, they should be attracted to each other under any conditions !! in happiness, in misery,in love,in hate,in sickness, in health, in nearness and farness.. just like my dear H2 and O2.. people in love should have a cRackLInG cHeMisTRy.. explosive at that" ..

i swung back now.. enough was enough.. i was missing the explanation of the logic of this behavior of H2 and O2 .. and there i was , connecting this with the chemistry between people!!


This is how my mind works! Crazy! but in those few Crazy cRacCKling moments..
I shot a smile to myself and my still existing sense of whatever, i reminisced the good old non-attentive college days and most of all I missed my old classmates like hell.. with whom i would have shared my wit and had a laugh.. a cRaCKling one in a so called attentive classroom...
But then, I can't afford these 'moments' anymore.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what an amazing theory!chemistry between two people under extreme conditions..this could be someone's marriage vows!
vintage appy in action!!! an absolutely cureless romantic you are!!:)
aastha-inks said…
hehe.. nice comments both of u..
@surya.. 'cureless romantic'.. i lik dat one.. it's better than the other title u have given me..
Rag said…
lectures back in india.. actually make ur thoughts go deeep and never come back to whr it strted!!

atleast the lecturers there interest u to atleast come back even after such a lovely noble romantic thought :)!!
Cheeku said…
chemistry?? i see more biology happening in this place..lol.
I feel left out of blogging world. I hardly find time to write something.. And now pressure is mounting back.. got mid term on 16th...
its gonna be crazy for sure.. I am still taking time to adjust to this new education system.. btw.. Heat Conduction is crazy.. better be careful if u are even contemplating taking that subject..
Cheeku said…
oh.. i was supposed to comment.. yeah.. good going :) I really am amazed u still make time to write :P

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden