the things i learnt from swati..

In the one year nine months i spent knowing Swati, i learnt a lot. Enough things about life, that i wished i had learnt long back. Enough to look at life in the eye.


We are completely different people. Swati will react. Instinctively. She'll immediately show if she she is happy, sad, jealous or anything. I won't. I would show a complacency in any situation. No one would know how sad, how happy, how grateful i am. They would probably just know that i am happy, sad or grateful ! She taught me to quantify my feelings.. to express my feelings clearly to people who matter. I think i seriously lost out on a lot of things because of my complacency. I lost out on people's reactions, affection, friendship, love towards me. I should have expressed myself, loud and clear.. that makes things simpler !! Swati enjoys when she enjoys. She lives life completely. I tried doing this as well and i felt so much lighter and happier! She taught me to 'connect' to people. Look at the things from their perspective, to pamper them, to care for them.
Somehow i was lost in me. I was never connecting to people. I was bound in my mundane set of rules and regulations. I realised i needed to break a few n flex a few :) I realised i needed to get back.


I made an effort to get back. I started speaking to people taking interest in their lives, genuinely. I expressed my choices, concerns, feelings clearly.I laughed, cried, sang and dance with life thrust in them. I broke the ice barriers with many a people and realized making friends was easier than i thought. I got back in touch with people, with their lives and happenings. I had to do it consciously in the beginning, but now i am enjoying the change and naturally so. Believe me, this whole new (for me) approach got me a bunch of friends whom i just knew earlier, but now i 'connect' to. One of them being, Swati herself.

That helps Swati. It was something I had always wished for. Thanks!! Kudos to u!!
P.S: (This photo was taken at her farewell before she left pune. I cracked a pj and look at her burst out on that !! Full of life.. ain't she?? )

Comments

Rag said…
hehhehe!! so feels good right?? wen u feel you're better person NOW and people around you love you more than they did before !!!

hmmm!! so this post dedicated to swati huh???
I cant say more number of YES es than this. true, swati is an amazing individual and her joie de vivre is totally infectious:) btw, wheres the piece on me... if u need i can send you relevant pics to attach with the post:):) kiddin!!as if i taught you somehting.( this was an anti senti which you are meant to refute and write a piece on me:):)kiddin again:)
btw not to steal away the thunder of this piece, how about writing on one of our hours long telephone calls:)
tch tch, but then i realised the censor board would have problems with that piece:)
btw another chaat occured instantly... in the pic, i can clearly seen my hand being ruthlessly cut.. but then , it also symbolises i had a "hand" in all the good times of the SW=AP jodi:):) i am a genius!! somebody stop me now!!!!!!
aastha-inks said…
@raghav..it feels really gud! n ya this blog is def dedicated to swati!!

@surya.. I knew u wld chaaaaaaat but didn expect so much of it !! well it's not that i have written this blog about swats but about what i learnt from her .. :) ab tujhse meine kya seekha bol ?? ;-).. vaise u have other things pending wrt me ! so chup baith.
but one thing for sure, u were a big and wonderful part of all the SW=AP jodi's happy (& sad) times together !! :)
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden