River Bound


Once again I sat there,
letting it flow by.
This time in the mercy of solitude.

As though it knew,
my pain anew
it purged through.
Unwet still, it passed me too.

Sunkissed it shone
burning my soul;
setting her free of
my bleeding sorrow.

Yet it went the way
It was to be bound.
The sea awaited;
there was no way around.

Knowing well, the satiric secret it kept
By the river Poudre, I sat down and wept.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits- The last sentence is duly borrowed from "By the River Piedra, I sat down and wept "- a book by Paulo Coelho.

Pic of the Poudre - me

Comments

ashu@cooking said…
appu.. beautiful poem, but felt a lot of sadness in it..
take care
Anonymous said…
well written...
but y 'solitude'???
doesnt sound right...
niki said…
@yaparna- awwwww *hugs*...me loves city park :)
aastha-inks said…
@ash,sidda- meant to be that way!it's a poem guys..
@niki-*hugs*..
thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden