The Letter

Mohan decided to take the first step this time. They had had a fight numerous times before and each time it was Rashmi who would talk her way back to him. She would dis-solve their misunderstandings, each time. This time though she had made no such efforts, yet. Mohan felt responsible for their present dispute and so resolved to make the first move. He decided that a letter would be a powerful and romantic way to go about this. Feeling good about his idea, he plucked out a sheet from his note pad and started writing.

Dear Rashmi,

I am extremely sorry if I hurt you with my words that day. The situation was such, that I totally lost control over what I was saying. But you know I didn't mean any of it.
You know I love you with all my love. You know we belong to each other, only. Please come back to me. You are my world.

It might be that you and I
sometimes stray and lose sight.
But at the end of day there seems no light, unless you are by my side.
Believe me my dear one, when i say my love for you is Infinite.

Forever your's,

Mohan


The room had become extremely warm. Mohan was drenched in sweat by the time he finished writing the letter. He planned to go over to Rashmi's within the next hour and flip the letter by her door. Just then he heard his doorbell ring. He turned on his table fan, opened the window by his table and went to see who was visiting him.

It was Rashmi. She flung into his arms. Cried her heart out and buried her face in his chest.He cajoled her and kissed her back, he had missed her just as much. And then she vented out her anger.
"Couldn't you for once get back to me Mohan? I think you don't love me enough. I am the one who always comes back to you. Why does it always have to be me??" She posed her question with blazing anger and childish love at the same time.
"Ofcourse not dear" said Mohan, "look, I just wrote you a letter.." and he looked back at his table to point towards the letter. But there seemed to be nothing there now to point at. There was no letter on the table. His beloved piece of proof was missing.

Her ranting continued it's way to his ears while his eyes sweeped the floor and around in the room. He then noticed the open window and beside it, the fan running "high".

Comments

ashu@cooking said…
loved the photograph...where did u find one????
Liked the flow of scenes..was anticipating a more action filled ending.. :(
Though I wonder, in this era of e-mail and other web based gismos, why would someone take the pain of penning down a letter? :-/
aastha-inks said…
@ashu.. that is such an insult to my post!!!! :( :(
@swagat.. i have 2 answers.. it is a way of romanticising things (letters i mean..) and maybe this letter was written in 1964 :P
btw, i was expecting some critical matters such as wind direction and wind velocity to be examined here. glad you left that out.. :)

ya ya i know guys this is not my best work !
Krishna said…
thats so sad :( mohan should have atleast placed a book or something on the letter

this is like "thola banthu thola" story.
hahahah :) Good one.. I liked it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Naguva Nayana (Smiling eyes)

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin

Mummy's Garden